Location #4: Pismo Beach Pier
Local Location + Your Winning Photo = $100 Gift Certificate
Check out our last blog post for details about the scavenger hunt and how to win $100!
What to do:
- Like/follow the Keenan Carter Group on Facebook,Twitter, orInstagram.
- Take a selfie at the Pismo Pier
- Upload your photo with the 3 required hashtags
About the Pismo Beach Pier: We couldn’t do a scavenger hunt without the historical pier! Stretching 1,370 feet long, The Pismo Beach Pier is a great place to take in the views of our beautiful coastline. On any given day, expect to find fisherman, locals taking a stroll, and tourists snapping photos. There are plenty of benches to take a break from a busy day, enjoy some lunch, and maybe spot some migrating whales.
Our best memories about the pier:
- Narlene:” I grew up fishing off of the pier. My dad has a monument on the pier from when he was the Mayor Pro-Tem of Pismo Beach. It was he and the City Council at that time that redid the pier. To this day, I run out and back on my Sunday long runs. I also remember watching the pier fall down in a storm around 1984. I was watching from my house.”
- Dick: “I love that every time I go on the pier there’s something different going on, whether that be fishermen fishing, pelicans on the rail, whales swimming, dolphins jumping, or surfers catching a wave.”
- Teri: “I’d say one of my favorite things is the Clam Chowder contest during the Clam Festival in October. Local restaurants showcase their chowder and have locals and tourists do a blind taste test. I volunteer and work at Zorros booth.”
- Melissa: “I remember always going out the pier as a kid with my family, watching the fireworks on the Fourth of July, and seeing the Christmas tree at the end of the pier during the holidays. It represents my home on the central coast. It’s the place I go to clear my thoughts and relax.”
- M’Lynn: “Starting my day off with an early morning run to the end of the pier. It’s so relaxing when there’s hardly a soul in sight and the only noise is the sound of the ocean.”
Just joining the hunt?
Winner of the $100 gift certificate will be announced September 28th.
Make sure take your four selfies and upload them with the required hashtags.